Sunday, April 26, 2009

AISL - Wrap Up


I had no time to blog again while at the conference in Las Vegas. We were so busy with school visits, speakers, and there was a lot of networking and socializing to be done! The Las Vegas librarians were wonderful hosts who made everything run smoothly.. and the hospitality room was always stocked with snacks and wine. I had never been to Vegas before, and although I liked some of The Strip, the tourist highlights were eating dinner at Nobu and hiking at Red Rock Canyon.


AISL is a great conference for meeting other independent school librarians and making connections. Also it is a wonderful conference for seeing other independent school libraries - I always learn something new by visiting other people's libraries. In Las Vegas, we had a few sessions about web 2.0 tools and ideas, and some wonderful authors gave presentations, including Jane Yolen. I highly recommend going to Nashville for next year's conference.

I won't be going though, because I am going to AASL in the fall, which is in Charlotte (I am scheduled to be on a panel). One big conference per school year is enough for me. I have been ruminating over the two organizations (AASL and AISL) and what I like about each conference. Why do you choose one over the other? Stay tuned for a comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment