Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here I am!

I finally made the leap and started Archipelago, a blog from an independent school librarian's perspective. Last summer after ALA when my kids were home sick for over a week, and I was home with them, I spent some quality time on blogs of librarians from all different types of libraries in America and beyond. I also started following blogs of people who focus on educational technology. I quickly learned so much and before I knew it I had a personal learning network (you may not even know if you are in it yet), and a new MacBookPro. I am ready.

I have been a librarian for 15 years - a couple years in public libraries, and the rest at independent schools. For the past 12 years I have worked at my current job, in the 7-12 grade library of a K-12 school. I am excited to bring another independent school voice to the blogging community. Follow me on Twitter (eabarbanel) too!

No comments:

Post a Comment